These are delicious plain, but I often add a few extras like seeds (pumpkin and sesame are great) and/or chopped dried fruit (dates or apricots work especially well). And for chocolate lovers, why not drizzle a little bit of melted chocolate over the top once the flapjack has been baked and is cold.
4/5 generous tbsps honey or golden syrup
100g soft, brown sugar (optional for those who like a little extra sweetness)
20cm x 25cm baking tin, greased and lined.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degs C/gas mark 4
2. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over a low heat
3. Stir in the oats, honey and fruit/seeds (if using) and mix well
4. Tip the mixture into the baking tin and spread evenly
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden on top
6. Leave to cool in the tin and then cut into squares of whatever size you like.