These tiny biscuits come from my 1974 Be-Ro Home Recipe book (given to me last year by my Grandmother.) They are quick and really simple to make...if you want more, or larger biscuits, just double, triple or even quadruple the recipe!
2.5 oz self raising flour
1.5 oz caster sugar
2 oz butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
rolled oats or dessicated coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 170 deg C/fan 160 deg C/gas mark 3-4.
2. Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla essence.
3. Stir in the flour and mix thoroughly
4. Divide the mixture into 20 pieces, roll each into a ball and coat with the oats or coconut.
5. Place on a greased baking sheet, press out slightly and place a small piece of cherry in the centre of each biscuit.
6. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until golden.